Sunday, January 16, 2011

What's Been Up Around Here

Guess what? My sister-in-law and adorable nephew are in town!!  

On Thursday while Madi was in school, we took the boys to lunch.  This is how they walked into the restaurant.  Now if that's not the cutest thing you've ever seen!



The next day we all got to eat lunch at Madi's school, which was a fun surprise for her!  She loves being the big cousin.  Then we took the boys to the park, and on the way my husband glanced in the rearview mirror and said, "You should take a picture of that."  I turned around to see this...


Reunited and holding hands in their car seats. Okay, maybe that's the cutest thing you've ever seen!  Cousin love - so sweet!!  Oh, and my husband snapped these pictures...sometimes the big kids like to play in the park as well.  :)



Friday evening and all day Saturday Jimmy and I took a group of students to a youth conference called Planet Wisdom.  The theme was A God You Can Know and it was an excellent time of worship, teaching, laughing, singing, and learning with students.





A highlight of the conference was The Skit Guys. If you have never heard of them, you have got to check out their website.  They are absolutely hilarious, but they also drive home great points.  If you haven't seen their sketch God's Chisel, you need to watch it.  It is insightful and convicting.



Unfortunately, I came home to a sick boy.  I think it is allergy related because it seems to be a recurring problem, but he has a horrible cough that makes him miserable.  My throat has been bothering me pretty badly for over a week (which I've been trying hard to ignore) but yesterday afternoon it just began to burn and feel flat out raw.  I think I also am having issues related to sinuses and allergies.  So my little buddy and I stayed in last night and today together.  I am trying to get him well enough to go on a fun outing with his cousin tomorrow before they leave!!  I'm pumping the meds and fluids and rest and using his inhaler and praying he will be up for our plans - I'll let you know if he is.

I will also be praying he and I get some sleep tonight.  Last night he coughed from 2:30 on and it is safe to say he and I didn't sleep much from that point either.  However, this is what he looks like on the couch next to me as I type...bless his little heart.  I hope his cough will stop long enough to give him a decent nap.



As for my goal to avoid going to the grocery store this week, I did it!  I have been cooking from items in my pantry and freezer - I was excited because I was scheduled to bring breakfast in for Sunday School this morning and I was able to make homemade banana bread and drop biscuits (to send in since I was home with my sick boy) from ingredients and most of the last bit of milk I had on hand!  Friday night we had pizza with the students before the conference, and Saturday night we had the last few pieces of leftover pizza for dinner after the conference.  I know.  It's a glamourous life we lead.

Let's just say it's a good thing I love pizza because in youth ministry, you get your fair share. Yes, you sure do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment