Saturday, January 8, 2011

Things That Make Me Smile...

My family.  Every day.  For obvious reasons.




The way the sunlight comes through the windows in the late afternoon at my parents' house and makes things glow. I just love that.



Fresh blueberries.  Don't you get so excited when they are in season and you can get a lot of them for a good price?!



Canned tomatoes because with a little time and a few ingredients I can turn them into fresh salsa.  Which is in my top ten favorite foods.


Oatmeal.  Regular, old fashioned, steel cut.  Call me strange but I get excited about oatmeal.  Walnuts, cinnamon, brown sugar, blueberries, dried fruit...just think of the possibilities!


New scarves.  I have always been a fan of scarves.  Always!


The way a new scarf can dress up an old or plain outfit.  (Am I seeing a pattern here?)


Okay.  New outfits in general make me smile.  Which is why my mom gave me this ornament in my stocking this year.  It makes me smile too.  :)


Natural beauty.  God's artistry.  The way I feel so free when the warm sun hits my shoulders and the cool breeze blows in my hair.  I could go on and on...



Date nights.  I think my husband and I are going on one tonight.  Yay!


Steam in the bag broccoli. I think I could kiss who ever invented this.  Or at least give them a high five. Perfectly cooked broccoli, no pan to clean.  I singlehandedly go through a few bags a week!


A certain little buddy who wears Buzz Lightyear cowboy boots.  That's a big one right there.



Opening my refrigerator and seeing this...along with 5 or 6 other types of creamer!  I'm a creamer addict.  And a "variety is the spice of life" kind of girl.


So, I could keep going with this post!!  There are lots of little things that make me smile! There's one more thing I really want to share, but I'll wait until my next post.  For now, I've got to go get ready for a date!!  I mean, I look good in my husband's old, size XL "Give A Hoot, Don't Pollute" t-shirt, but I'm not sure if it's quite date night material.  ;)

What things make you smile?!


2 comments:

  1. Hello. I enjoyed your photos of your family. I like the toy story boots. I have been going to your church for a year and a half now and I have to say lately I miss hearing you sing. I loved when you guys lead the song service. :) Just thought i would drop a note.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shanna!! Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the blog, and I am sorry if I have not met you at church - please feel free to introduce yourself on Sunday - I love meeting new people!!!!

    Also, did you send me a facebook friend request? If so, please resend it - I think I might have deleted it not knowing who you were and not having any mutual friends!! Thanks so much!!!!! God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete