Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It Is Finished

Early this morning, I completed lesson 90 in my Jesus: 90 Days With The One And Only study by Beth Moore.  You've heard me talk about this study, and if I am honest, I have never felt so bittersweet about finishing a Bible study. It was emotional for me to wrap it up, because this journey has truly brought me closer to my Savior.  I know more about Him, and I know Him more.  We have had sweet communion together throughout these 436 pages, and I feel sad to close this chapter of study, but do so marveling at what I have gained not just in knowledge, but also in love and adoration.

This quote from the final session stood out to me..."Jesus Christ walked the way of humanity so that humanity could walk the way of God."

Oh, how He loves us.  Praise Him.

I also loved this..."He is changeless.  But you and I were destined for change.  So determined is God to transform us, we cannot draw near Him and remain the same."

This is truth.  He changes lives like no other.

So I am thankful.  Thankful for an in depth study into the life of Jesus Christ, who gave His life on the cross and rose victoriously from the grave, changing the course of history and the course of one simple, small life lived by a girl who would one day write about Jesus on her coffee blog.  A girl who knows she is nothing without His love.

And I am also excited.  Excited because tomorrow I will begin this journey...


90 Days with Paul.  90 sessions about his journey of faith that took him from a persecutor of Christians to a man willing to give it all for Christ.  A man who made huge impacts for the kingdom, but who suffered unbelievable trials alongside the victories.  A man who once set out to destroy the church, but later wrote letters encouraging and exhorting the church.

 I can't wait.

I will be sure to update you here and there along the way.

And I hope and pray you are diving into God's Word.  Nothing will anchor your soul like those moments in Truth.

Blessings,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment