Saturday, March 12, 2011

"I'd Like To Add His Initial To My Monogram..."

Don't you just love that song?  George Gershwin wrote it, Ella Fitzgerald performed it...classic.  I am smitten with these types of old standards, aren't you? (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, look up Someone To Watch Over Me.)


Well, the reason that song lyric came to mind was because I did a little project with a monogram today.  I actually left the house (I know) because I had to pick up a birthday gift for a classmate of Madi's.  While at Michael's I picked up a wooden P ($3.49), a spool of black and white ribbon ($1.99), and a big yellow daisy ($1.00).  I was feeling crafty!


Now, remember what I was saying yesterday about simplicity?  With these three items, a glue gun, and about 10 minutes, I made a fun spring addition for my entryway.


Here's a side note: Because I like change and because I like seasonal decorating, what I often do is simply move items in the house around and use things I already have.  For instance, my new vignette with the monogram is in my entryway.  But that little table has been in my guest room since we moved in.  I decided to move it to the entryway for something fresh, threw some flowers in a watering can we had, moved that picture of us (from before we had kids!) from the guestroom, and then added that little black pail I found at the blessed Target $1 section.


I added this vignette to the other side of my little entryway.  Again, these were all items I had around the house (including one of Madi's dolls and a pair of rainboots I wear!) - I just added some new silk flowers that were 50% off at Michael's and now I have a very fresh look for spring, out of things I already had.

The change of seasons always gets my creative juices flowing.  What are you creating these days?!  I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment