Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Have I Got Some Recipes For You!!!

And I will let you know up front that I didn't make these, my mom did... she saved me the leftovers from a meal that she knew I would love (and the rest of my family wouldn't get into) and after savoring every bite I just had to share them with you!

First she made some tilapia with a caribbean salsa. She got the recipe for the salsa from Publix, and it was fresh and delicious!  Here's how to make it...

Combine 2 cups chopped fresh or canned pineapple, 2 yellow or red bell peppers seeded or chopped, 3 kiwifruit peeled and chopped, 1 small red onion finely chopped 1 cup peeled, chopped mango, 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, 2 tsp seeded chopped jalapeno pepper, juice of one lime.

Cover and chill for 1 hours and serve with fish or chicken.

Yum!!


She also made marinated strawberries to serve over fresh spinach leaves.  We are in the middle of strawberry season so they are in abundance around here.  This is an absolutely delicious way to prepare them!  She got this recipe from a Weight Watchers magazine a few years ago.

Combine 2 TBSP fresh lime juice, 2 TBSP honey, 1/2 tsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper and stir with a wire whisk. Add 1 quart fresh strawberries that have been cut into thick slices and toss.  Sprinkle with grated lime rind.  Cover and chill. 

Oh-so-tasty, especially combined with the spinach!


Healthy, fresh, and absolutely wonderful! Such great ways to jazz up fresh produce!

No comments:

Post a Comment