Monday, December 13, 2010

Spiritual Java

Happy Monday!  I thought I'd take a minute to share a "spiritual cup of coffee" with you from some of my moments with God lately, in hopes to help energize you for the week ahead!  


I kept going back to this passage...

Colossians 1:9-14

9 For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; 12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. 13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption through His blood,[a] the forgiveness of sins.

Which made me journal this simple prayer...

God help me to walk worthy of Your calling, pleasing you.

Please fill me with wisdom and spiritual understanding.

Thank you for conveying me into the kingdom of the Son and His love, and for redeeming me.

I love you.


I continued to sing this Christmas worship song to my Savior in the car...

Hallowed Manger Ground by Chris Tomlin



And reflecting on what Emmanuel even means...

God with us.

I can't seem to get that one off my mind.  No matter what our circumstances our this season He is with us.  God is with us.  

Matthew 1:23.

I finished In Every Pew Sits A Broken Heart, a book by Ruth Graham, this week.  I keep going back to this quote...

"Dependence on God is a place of safety and freedom.  As we learn to trust him, we can experience joy and move in strength, even if life does not get easier."

2 Corinthians 9:8. Lamentations 3:22-24.  Deuteronomy 33:27.

And I am meditating on the chorus Travis Cottrell added to the old hymn Just As I Am.


We do come broken to be mended.  We do come empty to be filled. And praise God, indeed we are welcomed with open arms by Him just as we are.

Hoping you have a joyful, God-filled week!


No comments:

Post a Comment