Saturday, December 4, 2010

On Doughnuts and Sharing

When I was pregnant with my daughter I craved meat.  Put me near a pork roast, juicy burger, or big old roast beef and I was ready to eat.  My daughter has always like meat.

When I was pregnant with my son I craved doughnuts.  Chocolate ones.  Every once in awhile I would break down and buy the Entenmann's chocolate lovers variety pack and help myself to a couple.  Terrible, I know.  And guess what?  My son loves doughnuts.  Especially chocolate ones.


So I don't ever buy doughnuts because they are dangerous around here!  We only eat them if we go out for a special doughnut date.  And sometimes we get them at church.  You see, my son loves doughnuts so much he has a radar for them.  So if an adult  Sunday School class has some, he finds them.  And now, he has several of his favorite grownups who sometimes send home leftover doughnuts with us some Sundays!


Last Sunday the kids and I stayed home because I was sick but sure enough, my husband came home with some leftover doughnuts that were sent home for Trev.  The next day they were each having one for breakfast and a conflict arose because there was only one plain chocolate glazed one left and they both wanted it.  I told them they could each have half.  Trev got to it first and after he ate what was supposed to be his share, he said in a very happy voice, "Don't worry Madi!  I saved you half!" then ran off to play.


I checked the doughnut box and this is what I saw...




Evidently we have a lot of work to do around here on sharing...and fractions.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment