Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Party Food, Whoop!

Saturday evening my husband and I were heading to a Christmas party.  I had these ingredients and wanted to make some cookies....


This is what I came up with.  And they were very yummy if you like mint and chocolate!  Mmm, mmm, mmm...

1 stick of Crisco butter (which is 1 cup)
1/2 cup brown sugar (heaping 1/2 cup :)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs 
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1  and 3/4 cups flour
1 small box vanilla pudding mix
1 tsp almond extract
3/4 tsp peppermint extract
1 bag chocolate chunks
1/2 bag of Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips


Preheat oven to 375. Mix all ingredients except chips together.  Blend in chips.  Drop dough onto cookie sheets and bake for 10-11 minutes.





I also made green bean bundles which were a huge hit at the party. I've blogged about these before but I'll give you the quick rundown because everyone loved them so much I'm thinking I'll be making more this Christmas season and you may want to also!

Drain 3 cans of whole green beans.  Cut bacon strips into thirds.  Group green beans in bundles of 5 or 6 and wrap a bacon strip around them.  Place bundles  in 9 x 13 baking dish (foil lined will help you out later).On stove, combine a stick of butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar, salt, pepper, and a tsp or so of garlic powder and let simmer for 5 minutes.  Pour butter mixture on top of green bean bundles.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Don't you love you some party food?!?!  Can I get a whoop or fist pump from anyone out there on this subject?!?! :)

By the way, the party was with some other couples from our church and it was a blast! Always fun to have an evening out with friends!  


No comments:

Post a Comment