Thursday, December 30, 2010

Recipes, Y'all, Recipes!

So I wanted to get these recipes out in case any of you wanted to use them for your New Year's Eve celebrations tomorrow!

The first is super easy.

Put these...

Plus this...


Plus a jar of grape jelly in a crockpot and let it cook for a couple of hours. 

 I made these exact meatballs the day after Christmas (in my super cool new triple crockpot wonder) and they were yummy!

The next is compliments of the one and only Paula Deen. I was flipping through one of Paula's magazines at my mom's house and on the very last page was something called Jezebel Sauce.  The name intrigued me, and so did the fact that it was pictured being served over cream cheese with crackers (I love the whole pepper jelly/cream cheese appetizer thing).  I made it and it makes a huge batch...I served it at a dinner party and one of our friends kept eating it, and asked for more of that "Delilah" Sauce.  I laughed and told him it was actually Jezebel Sauce (but I suppose we could just call it Bad Girls of the Bible Sauce like that one Bible study that was published a few years ago!!).  I think the idea behind the name is that this sauce is "sinfully delicious!"


At a party it really is terrific served over cream cheese with crackers, but it would also be good with meats or on turkey sandwiches.  The recipe is as follows...


MIX
       1 (18oz) jar pineapple preserves
       1 (18 oz) jar apricot preserves
       1/2 cup orange marmalade
       1 5.25 ounce jar prepared horseradish
       1 TBSP dry mustard


Cover and store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.

It makes a ton so you may want to put some extra in little jars to share!





No comments:

Post a Comment