Wednesday, December 15, 2010

On Starbucks and Wise Men

I have had exactly two red cups from Starbucks this season.

I know.  I need to get out more.  Though it's probably a good thing there's not a Starbucks on the beaten path in my world!

But occasionally I make my way to one.  On Thanksgiving (after our fine dining experience at Cracker Barrel) I got my first red cup.  White Peppermint Mocha.  Always a favorite holiday treat.

However, the other day (which was quite cold and blustery, brrr!!) I was running Christmas errands and stopped at a Starbucks and tried something that knocked my knee socks off.

It was called a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate.

Let's just say there will probably be a third red cup in my very near future.

Oh.my.goodness.

And while we are on the subject of Starbucks, I have to tell you about my 2 year old nephew Reagan.  He is adorable and brilliant like the other children in our family (smile) and my brother and sister-in-law had been teaching him the story of Christmas.  They would start sentences and have him fill in the last word, such as..."The shepherds were filled with great...JOY!"  You get the idea.  But my favorite was his response about the wise men.  It went as follows...

"The wise men followed the..."STARBUCKS!"

What a kid.  I told you he was adorable and brilliant!  And he doesn't know it yet but his Auntie Jen is sending him this ornament in his Christmas package...



It is the three wise men on their way to the manger.  They've almost made it, they are just making a quick stop for a round of Caramel Macchiatos.  

And Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, of course.  

:)

1 comment:

  1. Next time you get the Salted Carmel Hot Chocolate, have them add in a shot of espresso...SO good! -D

    ReplyDelete