Saturday, March 31, 2012

He Is Risen Canvas


In between necessary chores, I did a little crafting last Saturday.  I reused a canvas that I had decorated at Christmastime and covered it with a scrap burlap, of which I had just enough to cover the canvas.


All I did was hot glue it to the back.


Then I used a stencil to paint the words He Is Risen onto the burlap.  It was the first time I used this stencil and I wasn't overly thrilled because the letters weren't all sized how I thought they should be and I had to tweek them a bit.  Oh well.  I guess that is what I get for using a cheap stencil.  (It will be fine for monogramming when I don't have to worry about scale, so I'm sure it will be used again.)


With a scrap of ribbon ruffled and adhered with some more hot glue,  I had a new Easter decoration with the message of the season made out of things I had around the house!  It's not perfect but it is homemade and hanging above my green chair, declaring a joyful truth!



We serve a risen Savior!  Jesus conquered the grave!

He is risen!  He is risen, indeed!


No comments:

Post a Comment