Saturday, March 17, 2012

Greetings From The Spring Break Facilitator...

Well, hello there!

If you have noticed that I have been MIA around these here Coffee, Chaos, and Contentment parts and only popping in on facebook for a few minutes here and there, it is because for the past week I have taken on the role of Spring Break Facilitator and Director and let me tell you, it has been an exciting position!  We have been on the move and having a ball, with fabulous weather to boot!  

I have these napkins in my pantry that I've been saving for the perfect occasion....



And let me tell you, that is one true statement!  Since last Friday I have walked miles and miles and miles lugging kids and gear and pushing strollers around Disney.  Yesterday I trekked back and forth through sand holding pounds of beach gear (that was resistance training.)  We have been active and enjoying life, sunshine, and each other!  Whoever invented Spring Break had a good thing going on.  I love this extra time with my kids, and try to make it as fun for them as possible!

I actually started the fun last week.  I knew we would be enjoying Disney time over break, and wanted to add to the excitement and anticipation.  Trev had been anticipating Spring Break for weeks; he had been telling everyone from his best friends to perfect strangers that he was going to have "nine days off" (we include the weekends around here).  He was counting down to those days off.   I mean, Pre-K is a little stressful.  :)

Since Madi is such a Disney lover, I started building the anticipation with some after school magic.  She is a fan of crossword puzzles and similar games, so I printed off this word scramble from the Disney Family website (which is a great resource for ideas, by the way).  This fun activity was waiting for her Tuesday after school!


One night a few months ago, I rolled out a long piece of paper and left it for her, Trevor, and a Disney-loving babysitter to make a mural of the Disney parks.  She mentioned that she wanted to do that again, so I had everything waiting for her Wednesday after school.






Then on Friday, I checked her out of school early and took her on a Mommy/Daughter date to Epcot!!  The absolutely fantastic Flower and Garden Festival had started and we had an amazing time together!






I let her play to her heart's content at one of the super fun playgrounds set up for this wonderful event.




We explored the park, taking in all the beautiful flowers and topiaries and other lovely sights to be seen.













We watched adorable baby chicks and their momma cross the street...


Took notice of birds flying around and perching near us....


Ate dinner in Mexico...



Stopped by Paris...


Took in the beauty as day turned into dusk...







Then had a sweet ending to our date at one of our favorite spots.




We even came home with a souvenir of our fun day together.



I think one-on-one time is so important.  I count us blessed to be able to spend it at such a special place designed for parents to have fun with their children.  That was Walt Disney's dream for Disney World, and I have seen it come true in our own lives.  What a special date Madi and I had to kick off our Spring Break festivities!

And that was only just the beginning of the fun....

No comments:

Post a Comment