Saturday, March 17, 2012

Another Super Easy Homemade Project!!

One of these days I am going to take the sewing machine I got for Christmas out of the box and form a relationship with it.  We are going to get to know each other, fight our battles, work out our issues, and hopefully come out close friends!

But until then...there is always glue.

I wanted Madi and I to have matching shirts for one of our Disney Days on Spring Break and had two qualifications.  One, they couldn't involve sewing (yet).  Two, they had to be cheap.

So I went to Walmart for some plain t-shirts, used some household objects to trace some circles onto some black felt, and drew a bow on some red felt.  After a little cutting and fabric glue, I had two fun Minnie Mouse t-shirts for less than $10 total.



We ended up wearing them on what would be a very exciting day...my thrill-ride-loving-girl was finally tall enough to try RockNRoller Coaster!!  If you have ever been on this, you know it is a fast and fun ride and my girl loved it! Rode it twice, once with Daddy, once with Mommy.  What a way to start the day!

2 comments:

  1. golly, I love this idea!!! Debbie D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute!!
    You should definitely break out that sewing machine though... you'll love it! I've been trying my hand at some machine quilting projects. It's fun and gratifying to make something so functional.

    ReplyDelete