Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries and Apple Butter

After one of our beach days this summer, we ended up catching a casual bite to eat at a place called Cha Cha Coconuts on the way home.  One of the yummiest things I had that night was their sweet potato fries, which they served with a spicy mustard and apple butter.

My mom sometimes gives me odds and ends from her pantry and freezer.  I am always thankful for the stock, and she is glad to know things won't go to waste.  Recently she had given me a partially used bag of all natural frozen sweet potato fries.  On Saturday I was hungry for lunch and all of a sudden I thought of that restaurant this summer and those yummy fries.  I had some apple butter in the fridge so I pulled out the rest of those frozen fries, threw them on a cookie sheet, let them bake at 400 stirring them a couple of times, and then dipped them in apple butter once they were hot and crispy.


It was something nice for a change, a simple and tasty fall lunch!


Fun restaurant food at the right price and comfort of home!

1 comment:

  1. Oooo, I love sweet potato fries, but I've never had them with apple butter! I need to try this out!

    ReplyDelete