Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Glitzy Little Pumpkin

I was in the mood to decorate a pumpkin, and the craft pumpkins at Michael's were 40% off last week.  I picked up an off-white one and wanted to add a little glitz and glamour, a little panache.  I bought a roll of thin, black velvet ribbon and some sparkly little stickers that were also 40% off, and that plain Jane pumpkin got a makeover!


All I did was use a hot glue gun to glue the ribbon to the pumpkin, then added the stickers to the ribbon. This was a 15 minute project.  But she was such a stylish little gourd when I was finished!


Everyone girl looks good in classic black and off-white, don't they?!


And every classic ensemble needs the perfect accessories!  The light from my front door hits the stickers and lets her sparkle and shimmer.


She was just what I needed to complete my front entrance Halloween vignette.  We like sweet not scary around here, and this little grouping captures the fun of the season!  Now my glitzy little pumpkin adds to the October whimsy and sits with my fun chalkboard pumpkin that makes me smile.


It's Fall, Y'all!  And noticeably cooler and absolutely beautiful down here!  Enjoy the season's festivities, and go decorate a pumpkin!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment