Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Elephant Tracks

One day last week Trev came home from school talking about how he had made "dinosaur tracks" with Play-Doh as part of their letter "D" study.  Well, making dinosaur tracks sounded fun and I was curious...and he volunteered to teach me how to do it!  We just had to use an elephant because our dinosaur was MIA.  


Trev showed me how to flatten the dough, press the animal's feet in, and pull them out to leave footprints!  Look...elephant tracks!!


We broke open some unopened canisters of Play-Doh and he even let me be the first to squish it, because for some reason I really like doing that!  It just feels so good, sort of like when I dig my knife into a fresh jar of peanut butter.   Ahhh.  Look at the fresh, perfect hunk of Play-Doh, don't you just want to squish that down and make a mess?


Trev demonstrated again how to make the tracks, this time with a gorilla.


Sweet little hands at work.


Gorilla tracks!


Mommy's purple tracks!!


More fresh Play-Doh waiting to be flattened by Mommy.


We were having the best time making tracks, and pretty soon Trev had made a light-saber to fight the bad guys...


And we got busy cooking...


And then Trev made this, which he actually asked me to take a picture of to put on my computer and show my friends.  Precious boy.  And now I have kept my promise to do so.


If you have a little one at home and you are looking for something to do, dig out the Play-Doh to make some animal tracks, and see what else you come up with along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment