Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Letters



Dear Jimmy, 

I am so sorry you got this nasty sickness stuff.  It has hit you pretty hard and I feel bad for you.  I hope you get to feeling better soon, babe!!  Cause we have lots to do this week and weekend, and one of these nights I want to go on another date, just us!  I have a few more things to do, and then I will come in so we can watch the commentary on that election episode of the West Wing.  I think we are getting older and nerdier. And I love it.

See you soon,

Me

P.S. That grilled cheese I made you tonight?  Two pieces of cheese, can I get a witness?!

Dear Trevor,

Our date day enjoying the magic of Disney in the sunshine, just the two of us, made my year!  How fun are you?!  We are definitely going to have to do that again!  I just can't tell you how much I am enjoying this year with you!!  This one on one time is completely precious to me.  I love hanging out with you, I love the quirky things you do like smell my neck.  You do that a lot lately when you hug me - put your nose on my neck and just take a big old sniff.  When I asked you why you do that so much you replied, "Because it's beautiful."  Interesting. I remember loving the way my mom smelled when I was little.  It's things like those we try to memorize....the sights, the sounds, the scents of home and the people we love.

Just so you know, I love to smell your neck too.

Taking it all in and enjoying each day with you,

Momma


Dear Madi,

You have no school tomorrow!!  You are so excited about it - and so am I!  I love getting a full extra day in the week with you!  We are going to spend our Monday together.  We are going to breathe in the fresh air and soak in the sunshine and make some memories.  We are going to enjoy life, because it is a gift from God!!  You are a gift from God!  I just can't tell you enough what blessings you and Trevor and Daddy are to my heart.  Only a God of love could allow me to enjoy such gifts.  Let's remember how good He is to us and make Him smile with all we say and do.

Speaking of smiles, I never tire of seeing yours with that dimple.  That was one of the first things I noticed about you when you were born.

You make me smile,

Momma


Dear God,

You are worthy of praise, just because.  You are creative and loving and beyond my understanding yet so close to my heart.  And I just wanted to thank You and give You honor and glory and tell You how very, very much I love You.

Your Daughter,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment