Thursday, February 3, 2011

Breaking News

Since yesterday was Groundhog Day, I decided to (are you ready for this?)....

Throw away the Christmas poinsettias that were [still] on our porch.



Okay, so it actually had nothing to do with Groundhog Day, I just finally remembered to do it.  You know what that say about how you can see something so often that you don't actually see it anymore?

I definitely get that.

But the poinsettias are now gone!!  And in time for Valentine's Day!

In other breaking news, we've had stunningly beautiful weather in the 70's here and while the rest of the country got buried in snow yesterday, I actually wore shorts and sandals because it got so warm in the afternoon.

The bad news is I've been fighting a horrible migraine the past few days.  I can dull it, but I can't seem to chase it away.

But in world wide news and in all seriousness, we need to pray for Egypt - well, pray for peace in general.  It's a crazy world out there.  I am thankful for the peace I have in Christ.  Without Him, I think I would live in fear.


John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (NIV)

I think that's a good verse to memorize in these times.  I think I'll do that.  And I pray you know true peace, the kind that is found in a relationship with the ultimate giver of peace...Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment