Monday, February 7, 2011

How To Make Coffee Punch!

Several of you have requested the recipe for the coffee punch I made at Madi's Valentine's Par-Tea...I know there are several recipes for this treat out there, but I will tell you how I made it based on a recipe I used as a guide.



Let one carton of chocolate ice cream and one carton of vanilla ice cream soften. (The recipe called for 1/2 gallons...I used Breyers because I love its fresh, all natural taste and now it comes in smaller sizes, I think the cartons were 1 1/2 quarts each.)


Let one 8 oz carton of Cool Whip thaw. (I think the recipe called for 2 cups - I believe one carton is almost 3 cups, but I was using less ice cream so I figured it would even out and then I didn't have to measure.)


Brew two fresh cups of coffee.  (Again, the recipe had something to do with instant coffee but I didn't want to mess with it - I just made two mugs using my Keurig.)


Mix the two cups of coffee with 1 1/2 cups sugar.


Start mixing the coffee/sugar mixture, ice cream, and cool whip in a punch bowl.


Add about 2/3 or 3/4 of a gallon of milk and continue to mix until soft consistency.  (The recipe called for an entire gallon but to me that seemed to be a bit much.)

Enjoy!  This is so unbelievably goo-oo-ood.  I'm talking about keep going back for more cups kind of good!  The girls at the tea party loved it, it is always a hit at our ladies events at church, and I even served it at one of Madi's birthday parties for the grown-ups and that punch bowl was empty when the party was over!!  It tastes like a really good frozen Starbucks drink or mocha shake!

**Note...my friend Liz made this at the church on Saturday using no sugar added ice cream, sugar free/fat free Cool Whip, and skim milk.  Her lightened up version was still delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment