Thursday, June 2, 2011

Special Snack

It was a sunny morning when I sent my daughter off to school yesterday.


But around noon a heavy rainstorm blew in, leaving the afternoon gray and dreary.  I was trying to think of something special I could serve at her after school snack to brighten up the afternoon.  I had some very thin ginger cookies on hand, as well as some light pink dusting sugar.


I decided to melt the last of some vanilla almond bark in the microwave, dip the cookies in it, and sprinkle them with the pink sugar.


 I let them harden in the refrigerator and they turned out to be a very pretty little treat!


They were so simple and tasted really delicious.  I set them on her tray with a yogurt and some pink lemonade in her Alice teacup.  I printed off an Alice in Wonderland coloring page and set some crayons out.  I lit some paper lanterns and had the Disney cartoon version of Alice in Wonderland waiting for her to watch as she ate, colored, and played quietly.


 It was a simple but special afternoon snack on a dreary day, and her face lit up when she saw it!


I guess she truly enjoyed it because this morning when I was getting her dressed for school, out of the blue she asked excitedly, "What is my special snack going to be today?  Maybe Rapunzel and we can watch Tangled?"  I had to laugh, and I didn't make any promises!  This evening is shaping up to be a very hectic one.  But we will see. If not today, someday soon!  Because something that only took me a few minutes meant so much to her.  And that is important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment