Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tonight I Give Thanks

*that her little hands pieced together such an intricate puzzle

*for a husband who understands and knows my heart

*that this morning the sun was shining, the candle was burning, and the coffee was hot


*for breath and life and another day

*that in his five year old sincerity he asks us, "Does this song honor God?"

*that my dear friend received good news at the doctor

*for the happy look on their faces when I told them I would take them to the Book Fair

*for AWANA leaders who helped mold lives

*that they are hiding God's Word in their hearts

*for their enthusiasm and the light in their eyes over a ribbon and a job well done


*that God already knows

*for the joy and convenience of reading books on my Kindle

*for Publix cake

*that I got to review music theory terms with this sweet girl


*that the Lord is close to the brokenhearted

*that healing is in His hands

*that I can trust Him

*that a soft bed awaits

Hebrews 13:15 Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post!! You're so blessed and loved by the Lord, and I'm so glad you choose to be a blessing to others---like me. :)

    Hot coffee and the glow from a candle is a lovely setting to ponder your thoughts of thanksgiving!

    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete