Tuesday, January 31, 2012

You Are For Me

A few weekends ago we took some students in our youth group to a huge concert called Winter Jam.  The arena was literally packed to capacity...I'm talking 17,000 people....and we were among the last 1,000 to (thankfully) make it in!  It was a very uplifting time with the message of Jesus shared clearly, tons of good music, and a great lineup of bands and singers.  It was a treat to get to hear Sanctus Real live (don't you just love their songs?), as well as Building 429 and others.   But my favorite part of the evening was being led in worship by Kari Jobe.


She radiated joy as she sang, and her sweet adoration of Jesus seemed to spread through the room.  We enjoyed singing along to the energizing song We Are...love these lyrics so much!

So wake up sleeper, lift your head
We were meant for more than this
Fight the shadows conquer death
Make the most of the time we have left.

We are the light of the world
We are the city on a hill
We are the light of the world
We gotta, we gotta, we gotta let the light shine.


My husband just posted Matthew 5:14 on his facebook the other day...

“You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father."

Her song definitely conveys this message perfectly!

Another Kari song I have been listening to lately is You Are For Me.  As I listen, Scripture instantly floods my  mind...

Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Hebrews 13:5-6 Let our conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have.  For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you.  So we must boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"


2 Corinthians 12:9  But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

This song was born out of her journal entries during a tough time, and is absolutely beautiful. Take a moment to listen and sit in His presence.  Sing to Him.  Let Him write upon your heart.  He is for you.

You Are For Me by Kari Jobe.


No comments:

Post a Comment