Friday, January 27, 2012

Something Old, Something New

Three or four years ago, my mom saw a little black dress in my size hanging on a Target clearance rack.  Not a fancy little black dress - a comfy, classic, knit black dress that is easy to wear and care for.  A simple go-to dress at a price so low she couldn't resist bringing it home to me.  I have worn this dress many times over the past few years, and love that I can wash it in the machine and it never needs ironing and can be pulled on in a hurry.

Fast forward a few years to this past weekend.  My mom attended an accessory show where you can purchase accessories for rock bottom prices.  She brought me home a few goodies, including a soft gray scarf dressed with rosettes and a pewter pearl bracelet adorned with a fleur-de-lis.  

Sunday morning I was in a rush to get ready for church.  I pulled my trusty and comfy knit dress out of the back of my closet, threw on my new accessories, and was out the door.  It was an easy but stylish look.


Don't you love mixing the old with the new?  The classic with the trendy?  Wearing those clearance rack finds that look like a million bucks?

I sure do!  Makes my wardrobe go a long way.  

What is something inexpensive and new that you can mix with something old to feel fresh and fashionable?  Keep your eyes out for a stylish deal to pair with a classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment