Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fiber Bars, Bedtime Stories, And A Boy I Love To The Moon and Back

Sunday evening I had a headache.  Not just any headache, but an extremely painful one around my left eye.  I hadn't had one that bad in a very long time and I could hardly keep my eye open. I started getting ready for bed early, needing to close my eyes as soon as possible.  My little buddy Trev, who has such a compassionate heart, was worried about me.  He started hurrying around as if he was busy.  He told me he was going to take care of me.  Then he told Jimmy, "I am going to take care of Mommy because she always takes care of me."  Melt my heart.  

Before long he told me to come into my room.  I could tell by the expression on his face that he was very proud of himself.  Bless his heart, he had spread his soft Star Wars blanket across my bed, and lent me Peter, his doggie pillow pet.  He had a cup of water by the bed and a fiber bar (smile) set out for me to eat.  It was the sweetest thing ever.


I snuggled up with Darth Vader and Peter, and Trev cuddled up next to me protectively.  He was very serious and intent on making sure I was taken care of.  I closed my eyes and asked him to tell me a story, because they are always very entertaining!  This one took the cake though.  It was very succinct.  The story went as follows.


Once there was a big Momma and a big Trev.  

And they wanted to marry each other.

So they went on a date to Dunkin' Donuts.

Then she took the boy to the toy store and bought him a toy.

And they lived happily ever after.


Goodness, I love that boy!!


Sign found for $1 in the Target value bins!  What a deal, and perfect for my little fellow.


1 comment:

  1. So precious. Those boys sure do know how to melt a Momma's heart.

    ReplyDelete