Tuesday, May 24, 2011

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things...


Besides brown paper packages tied up with strings, these are a few of my favorite things these days!!

This shirt.  My friend Natalie kept telling me about this accessory store called Charming Charlie.  When I was in Maryland, my friend Laurie and I stumbled across one and I was instantly smitten by this magical world of affordable accessories, all displayed beautifully on color coordinated tables.  As I was making my way through this enchanted place, Laurie told me she was buying me a shirt she saw because she knew I would love it.  It was embellished with strings of pearls and lace.  And she was right.


Maryland blooms.  I so enjoyed seeing them a few weeks ago.



Wasabi Sauce.  My love affair with wasabi and soy almonds continues, but now I fancy this sauce as well.  One of my favorite sandwiches of late is turkey on a sandwich flat with this spicy sauce, provolone, and dill pickle stackers.  Ahhh, the burn.  (And no I'm not pregnant, I just perpetually eat like I am.  My husband thinks I have deficient taste buds that require extremely strong flavors to be satisfied!! I just tell him he doesn't know what he's missing!)


Cream cheese and olive sandwiches.  (Speaking of strong flavors, I suppose!) Don't knock it until you've tried it.  Yum.


This water bottle.  It was given to me by an employee at a Vera Bradley store as I browsed for my mom's Mother's Day gift.  Now that's customer service, served in style!  


My little red shelf.  Found it a couple months ago for $5.99 at Marshall's.  What a happy addition to my kitchen!


This granola.  Available in the organic section of Publix.  Good by itself, with milk, or in yogurt.


My Wavelength nail polish.  Goes on so smoothly, dries very quickly, and truly is one of the best spring/summer shades I've found!  When on it is a perfect blend of pink and coral.  A cheap find at Target.


Buckets from the $1 section of Target.  They are used for all sorts of things around here.


My morning mugs.  Nothing like the first whiff and first sip of fresh brewed coffee, especially in a colorful mug that makes you smile.


The Paul: 90 Days on His Journey of Faith study I've been doing.  I'm on lesson 52 and it has been great.  Paul is so real, so raw.  He was completely sold out to Christ, but he struggled with his humanity just as we do. It has been good to follow him on his missionary journeys and the ups and downs he faced along the way.  He definitely had both his moments of victory and moments of discouragement, just like all of us involved in kingdom work, but he was faithful to the end.  I can't wait to see what else I learn during the rest of this journey of faith.


What are your favorite things these days?!

No comments:

Post a Comment