Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Laundry Doesn't Fold Itself

Our moms seem to be right on this one, in case you were wondering!  I had washed at least four loads of laundry over the past few days, but because of the run in and out nature of those days, I was left with this mound to deal with today.


It is very safe to say that folding laundry is not at the top of the list of things I love to do!  But after a productive and pleasant morning, I was determined to get this whole pile (which was as deep as it is high) folded and put away before lunchtime, and to do so with a halfway decent attitude.  Because you know those women who get such a kick out of cleaning? Those incredibly organized types who get all excited at the mere scent of Lysol or the challenge of a huge organizational project? Not me.  Unfortunately. But my Michael Buble Pandora station was a good distraction and I did manage to get it all done before lunch.  Okay, so lunch was a little later than normal.  But it was done in time for it!

And also just in time for....me to put another load in the wash.

Which is still in the dryer.

Because I'm holding on to hope that just maybe my mom was actually wrong on several accounts, meaning the laundry is going to fold itself and groceries are going to magically appear in my pantry along with homecooked meals on my table.  :)


Admitting the following verses have convicted me 
many times lately as I face tedious tasks!  
I have a long way to go in this area!  
Working on it!

God, please help me to do the mundane, daily tasks
without a complaining spirit and with enthusiasm!

Romans 12:11 "Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically."

Philippians 2:14 "Do everything without complaining or arguing."

Colossians 3:23 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."

1 comment:

  1. Just what I needed to hear this morning before a long day of cleaning had to be done! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete