Tuesday, May 24, 2011

For The Love Of Students

One of the joys of my life is the time spent with students in the youth group where my husband serves as pastor.  Honestly, the chance to mentor students and invest in their lives is just the biggest blessing.  It is a responsibility we take very seriously, but it is also so much fun!

Moments like these make your heart feel like it is going to burst...


There is nothing like seeing teenagers grow to love Jesus and choose to serve God with their lives!

And then there are all those crazy activities you find yourself doing with people half your age, many of which involve wearing helmets...




This past Sunday after church we traded the helmets for life vests when we took a whole group of students to a camp for some fun in the sun.  My cute husband was pretty excited about the chance to go wakeboarding...




Considering I lack athletic skills (not to mention that pesky struggle with basic coordination) I decided not to even attempt the wakeboarding thing!  However I did agree to go tubing with one of the girls since all I had to do was hang on for dear life.



I even managed to stay on and not fall into the water.  Until I was trying to get off the raft that is....


Which gave us all a pretty good laugh.


It's funny what you will do for the love of students!


No comments:

Post a Comment