Thursday, August 11, 2011

As My Camera Clicked

 Just as nature shows to us Your blessing, soon I find my heart confessing...my love is not my own, it all belongs to You.

I've had the song My Father's Heart on my mind lately.  I hadn't thought of it in some time, but I sang it at our wedding and as we celebrated 10 years of marriage this summer it came back to my remembrance.  I love that lyric of how nature reveals God's blessing, and that causes confessions of our heart to God that everything belongs to Him.  Poignant.

It's actually pretty astounding how much of Scripture points to the beauty and majesty of nature as revelation of God's beauty and majesty.  This week the devotional Jesus Calling took me to Isaiah 6:3, where Isaiah saw the Lord on the throne and the angels were crying,

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;
The whole earth is full of His glory!

I have made a few day trips to the beach lately, and that day I journaled,

When I'm at the beach I am in total awe of this.

Since I got my first Le Clic camera in elementary school, I have always been the girl taking pictures.  I am by no means a photographer - I simply love to capture moments and snapshots of life and beauty.  This summer as I have stood on the beach capturing its natural splendor, so many times Scripture has come to my mind as my camera clicked.  I have been overwhelmed and in awe of how the earth is filled with His glory.

Matthew 6:26 Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are?





Psalm 8:6-9 You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet, all the sheep and oxen- Even the beasts of the field, the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea that pass through the paths of the seas.  O Lord our Lord, how excellent is Your name in all the earth!




Psalm 8:3-4 When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained, What is man that You are mindful of him And the son of man that You visit him?






Psalm 19:1 1 The heavens declare the glory of God; 
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.





Psalm 33:7-9 He gathers the waters of the sea together as a heap, He lays up the deep in storehouses.  Let all the earth fear the Lord; Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him.  For He spoke and it was done; He commanded and it stood fast.




Psalm 93:3-4 The seas have lifted up, O LORD, the seas have lifted up their voice; the seas have lifted up their pounding waves. Mightier than the thunder of the great waters, mightier than the breakers of the sea—the LORD on high is mighty.




Psalm 24:1-2 The earth is the Lord's, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein.  For HE has founded it upon the seas, And established it upon the waters.




The whole earth is filled with his glory. I love capturing glimpses of that glory behind my lens at the beach, and standing in awe of Him.

1 comment:

  1. You took some really beautiful pictures!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete