Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thanksgiving Song

You know how there are some worship songs that no matter how many times you have sung them, as the words once again fall off your lips from a special place in your heart, you can't help but cry?

I have a few songs in the repertoire of my soul like that, but one of them is a song my husband introduced to me a long time ago.  It is "I Will Offer Up My Life" by Matt Redman.

The words are woven and spun with a deep acknowledgment of what Jesus did for us, and a deep commitment to giving Him all out of the gratitude for His sacrifice.

There is wonderful meter and rhyme to the poetry, and a simple melody that is easily sung.  The second verse pierces my soul.  The chorus provides me with words to a prayer I have been wanting to pray. And I find tears in my eyes or on my cheeks every time I sing it.

And really, it's a perfect Thanksgiving song.  So this November, maybe you can add this worship song to your celebrations and meditations about gratefulness and blessings.  I hope it blesses your heart like it has blessed mine!  And I am quite sure it blesses the heart of Jesus when it is sung to Him.


Jesus what can I give, what can I bring?
To so faithful a friend, to so loving a King.
Savior what can be said, what can be sung?
As a praise of Your name, for the things You have done.
Oh my words could not tell, not even in part,
Of the debt of love that is owed by this thankful heart.

The following link will take you to this song. Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment