Tuesday, November 23, 2010

C'est La Vie!



What I Did Today:

Got up early since our kids did not choose to sleep in on this day off of school, served breakfast, did Bible study, checked computer, talked to my mom on the phone, took kids to park to play with friends, administered a disciplinary time out on a bench at the park in the middle of our play date (fun, fun, fun), took kids to an incredibly chaotic McDonald's to have lunch and keep playing with friends, came home and bathed the park and gross McD's play area off of my kids, tucked one kid down for nap, settled one kid in for some quiet time, folded a couple loads of laundry and put in another gigantic load that probably tested the maximum capacity of our washer, picked up some toys and clutter around the house, talked to my husband on the phone, made a Christmas gift order online


What I Should Be Doing Now:

More laundry folding (it tends to back up around here and washing the sink full of dishes that are waiting for me even though I keep closing my eyes and wishing they would wash themselves

What I Am Doing Now Instead:

Finishing a cup of tea, listening to some quiet piano music on Pandora, looking through various cookbooks, magazines, and recipes online and making my Thanksgiving shopping list for the dishes I am bringing...which I must say is infinitely more enjoyable than laundry and washing dishes



What I Will Be Doing Later:

Taking my daughter to a birthday party, stopping by the store if time allows, washing dishes and folding laundry


C'est La Vie!


No comments:

Post a Comment