Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fragrances and Scents

The fragrances in my home yesterday were...


Autumn candles throughout the house.




Zucchini bread on the cooling rack.


Roses from my husband on my kitchen table.



Ground beef and taco seasoning sizzling in the pan.


Corn on the grill and lime juice lingering on my hands.


This morning there were not only scents wafting from my simmering candles, but the warm and comforting fragrance of my cup of coffee with pumpkin spice creamer.  

I am so attracted to delicious scents, aren't you?  A good fragrance draws us in, begs us to come closer, invites us to stop, take a deep breath, and stay to savor the goodness and warmth.  

Which just makes me think...

2 Corinthians 2:15 For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment