Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fall Magic!

On Labor Day, we got up early and spent the day at the Magic Kingdom with friends and family.  This was my first fall visit to the most magical place on earth, and I was smitten by the autumn decorations!  What a gorgeous morning welcome!



And then we walked down Main Street USA...it couldn't have been more beautiful!







Even the parade had magical fall touches!


The next day Starbucks launched their fall line, which meant they brought back the magical...


Pumpkin Spice Latte!  There was great rejoicing in this house!  I made the drive over to the closest Starbucks to celebrate this grand occasion, and savored every sip.


Even though it is still warm here, the mere fact that the calendar says September makes me dream of all things fall.  It makes me want to wear boots, though tall ones with scarves will have to wait a few more months.  In the meantime, there are cowboy boots and dresses, a good Florida fall staple.


And of course there are all those fall recipes to try! I have been drooling over the recipes in this cookbook, and absolutely cannot wait to make Squash and Tomato Oven Frittata and Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust, to name just a few.  It's time to stock up on pecans, pumpkin, squash, cinnamon, brown sugar, dried cranberries, and other items to make mouth-watering autumn dishes!



After seeing all the gorgeous fall decor at Disney, I got the urge to pull all my fall things out of their storage spots and dress my autumn nest.  It was so lovely and inspiring!


But I am making myself wait a few days, with a goal in mind.  I want to de-clutter several areas of our home before I treat myself to fall decorating!  I would much rather cook, decorate, and do all things creative than clean.  But it is time.  The clutter around here with two kids and a busy family does build up, and I want it to be cleared out so I can fully enjoy my favorite autumn and Christmas decorating and celebrating.

I had already started my kids' rooms, clearing out all the clothes that no longer fit and getting rid of some toys that they don't play with any longer.  But there is still a little more to do in each.  Yesterday I spent hours in the playroom, literally pulling every.single.thing out of it.  After getting rid of a lot and giving all the corners and edges a nice vacuum, I put the rest back but in a totally new arrangement .  I don't know about you, but simply rearranging what we already have makes everything feel fresh, new, and motivating! With lots of older toys and clutter gone and a new setup, the room felt brand new and exciting to the kids, and now everything has a place which will make their own clean up time easier.












After I finish the kids' rooms I would love to tackle our bedroom (which unfortunately ends up housing the "miscellaneous" in our lives sometimes), a few other small projects, and if I'm brave, my kitchen cabinets.  But it has felt so good getting rid of clutter, hopefully I can sprinkle enough magic organizing pixie dust around here so it can soon be out with summer and in with fall around here!  Because I am ready!  Bring on more fall magic!



No comments:

Post a Comment