Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Psalm 16

If you have a moment or two today, stop ~ take a deep breath ~ and read Psalm 16. We have been going through the Psalms on Sunday evenings at church and it has been such a comforting study.  This morning one of the passages I came across was the 16th Psalm. I have often shared verse 11 with you...

You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Oh, how I love that scripture!  I have experienced the fullness of joy in God's presence and it just overflows, there is simply nothing like it!


This morning I was caught by verses 8-9...

I have set the Lord always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.

Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices;
My flesh will also rest in hope.

This world is crazy and seems to be spinning out of control.  Life can be downright complicated and people can be downright difficult.  However...with the Lord before us, we don't have to be shaken or moved or brought down!  We can be glad ~ we can rejoice ~ we can rest in hope!

What a beautiful thought for this Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for bringing that passage to my attention. This is what I needed to hear from the Lord today! (We have a whole lot going on right now, not to mention some major decisions.) Jesus is so sweet to give us exactly what we need when we need it!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete