Saturday, February 16, 2013

Let's Talk About Mint Green Jeans For A Minute

So, if you had told me ten years ago that I would be wearing pastel jeans one day I would have probably just laughed a little bit.

I was a child of the outlandish and colorful 80's, but a teenager of the early to mid 90's grunge and super-plain era (think flannels and Birkenstocks, and remember Gwyneth Paltrow's boring famous slip dress that changed formals for awhile?), and a young adult in the late 90's/early 2000's tailored-classic-neutral era (I loved and admittedly still love Meg Ryan's entire black, white, and gray wardrobe in You've Got Mail).  For well over a decade there was a lot of black, white, gray, brown, tailored lines, boot cuts, and high heels in my life.  I still have and often wear many of those neutral classics.

But a few years ago things started loosening up.  And I kind of liked it.  It was sort of refreshing, these maxi dresses and billowy sleeves and loose tops and stretchy, comfy skinny jeans and ballet flats and patterns and all this color, color, color.

And I'm old enough to know the tide will turn again one day.  We will go back to black turtlenecks and gray pants and slim blazers.  And I will like it because the styles will be updated from a really neat time in my life.

But right now I'm just loving and embracing all this color and flow.

So about a month ago I found a great deal on a pair of mint green jeans and bought them.  And started digging in my closet for fun combinations.  And wearing these pastel jeans all the time.

I think I'm kind of hooked!

Who would have ever thought.









(Found that last top at Ross recently for $7.99, and it is probably one of my 
favorite items to pair with my mint jeans.)

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty. You have good taste!

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! I'm with you; same eras and clothes styles. I actually cannot believe that denim shirts and floral jeans are back in style...and I'm not sure I'll embrace those. But, maybe a pastel color...if I get up the nerve. LOL. They look adorable on you!!! As we used to say in the 90's, "You Go Girl!!!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so cute! I love your mint jeans, and you found so many ways to wear them! I ventured out in the fall with some purple/plum skinny jeans, so I might try some pastels myself. It still feel so wintry here in Kentucky, and I'm a little jealous of your pretty spring wardrobe, hehe!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete