Saturday, October 27, 2012

I (Heart) You Too

Late Thursday evening when the dust had settled from piano lessons, praise band practice, and a quick trip to Publix, we were getting the kids ready for bed and I finally had a chance to make my daily agenda and backpack check.  In Trevor's backpack I found a piece of paper folded like a card.  On the front were two words...

her book

On the left inside page it read...

I (HEART) YOU TOO


The right inside page simply stated...

For Mommy

He would later add the words From..Trevor.



Of course, my heart melted at this paper discovery and when I asked my tenderhearted son about it, he said he made it in center time because he loves me.

After giving him extra snuggles and tucking him in tight, I kept reflecting on that little handmade book.  What caught me most about it was the word too.  He didn't just say I (HEART) YOU.  He said I (HEART) YOU TOO. That three letter word communicates a profound implication.

He knows he is loved.

He is confident in Mommy's love, even while sitting at his little table at school.

He knows I loved him first.

He simply loves me back.

My heart found comfort in his knowing.

And I couldn't help but think of this verse in another Book I hold most dear.

I John 4:19 We love Him because He first loved us.

Am I confident in the knowing?

Because I am loved also.

I am loved deeply and sacrificially by the God of the universe.

And so are you.

The work is done.  He loved us first.

We simply need to love Him too.

What delight would the Father take if we took a moment to tell Him that we do?

How differently would we live if we lived with confidence in the knowing?



Trevor, you teach me something new every day.

You are my son, and my heart is pleased with you.

Your joy is contagious, your way with words unique, your insights profound.

P.S. I (heart) you too...




2 comments:

  1. WOW! This was really, really special. You are a lucky Mommy to have such a thoughtful child at such a young age.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete