Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

*Fevers are no fun.  Trev has had one for three days now that has spiked the past three nights.  Other than a cough (including some very yucky late night coughing fits) he shows no other symptoms except he is very mellow and alternates between lying on the couch and playing quietly with his Legos.  I'm going to call the doctor in the morning.

*Even though he has been sick, I think he is secretly loving the extra Netflix time and attention from Momma.  And I have to admit, I love the extra snuggle time I get when they are sick...tonight after some Motrin my little buddy sweated his fever right off onto my shirt as he leaned against me and we watched Star Wars together.  He explained everything about the movie to me until he fell fast asleep.  Love that little fellow.

*I delivered cupcakes to Madi's class in celebration of her birthday today.  When I came to the outside of her classroom there was a happy birthday message to her written in sidewalk chalk, and she was inside wearing a birthday cake hat!  Both she and Trevor have the most amazing teachers...I couldn't be more grateful for that.

* I will have to throw them out tomorrow, but these sure have brightened my kitchen table this week.  Love fresh flowers.  Too bad I don't know how to grow a thing and can barely keep a cactus alive!





* I had a long phone conversation today with a faraway friend that I have known forever.  We are busy moms and pastors wives separated by 1,000 miles and rarely get to talk, but whenever we do, we pick right up and instantly reconnect.  I am thankful for her.  I was so glad we got to talk.  And in the meantime, I must say thank goodness for facebook and blogs to stay connected.

* I have so much to share about the David Bible study I have been doing.  Will try to get to that soon...been learning and taking in so much.  Applying a lot already.  Listening.

* Praying fervently about some things...trying to pray in faith, believing.

*Working to convince myself this scratchy throat I'm feeling is just sympathy pains for Trevor.  Drank some Emergen-C tonight just in case.  Fingers crossed...

*Been preparing for Madi's birthday party.  She wanted a cupcake party and had some fun ideas to contribute as she always does.  My mom, sister-in-law, and I have been pulling the details together this week.  My creative girl loves birthdays, and loves birthday parties!  So it is a joy for me to put the time into making them special with little details since it means so much to her.

*I love Nutella and Flip Side crackers together.  Flip Sides were buy one get one last week, so you can guess what I've been snacking on lately.  Mmmm.

*I am tired.  I'm so tired that last weekend I had a dream about being tired.  Seriously!  I had this dream where I was supposed to be doing all this stuff and everyone was counting on me to get everything done and I started crying and said I was exhausted and totally had a meltdown!  Luckily I woke up and realized it was just a dream.  But I must say, it's been a busy few weeks months years and every now and then I just want a nap.  But hey, the good news is I was looking through our calendar and it looks like I'm going to be able to slow down a bit around...oh, the first of July or so.

 :)

Good night my friends!  Signing off to (hopefully) get some sleep!

Wishing you a restful night and a happy, healthy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment