Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Welcoming November In Harvest Style

November makes me think of nature's bounty and autumn harvest.


I used shelled nuts from last winter that were hovering around their expiration date to surround a candle in a hurricane jar.  I dressed the hurricane with some nature inspired decorations that I borrowed from my mom's seasonal decoration closet.


I placed it all on a lovely charger I was surprised to come across while running errands at Walmart.  This plate was less than $3 and so warm and pretty.


Signs of nature make me think of God's provision for us, and stir within me a gratefulness for these blessings.



While running errands at Target, I came across this autumn candle, also under $3, on the clearance rack. I love words, and knew it would be a perfect touch to my harvest home.


I nestled that candle within some more of those shelled nuts in another hurricane, this time on a table with reminders of the first Thanksgiving Day.


The large cinnamon sticks make me think of all the spicy goodies that we gather around and enjoy this time of year.  The sap bucket was used in my wedding over 10 years ago, and I dressed it with three bunches of leaves found for 97 cents each, also at Walmart.


The large pilgrims were a gift from my mom; I found the brother/sister pilgrims at Hobby Lobby for 50% off...they were so sweet and reminded me of Madi and Trev.


I love pondering what it must have been like at that first Thanksgiving feast, and often wonder what life was like for those who endured hardship and the unknown to settle in this great land.



I absolutely love this time of year.  As the morning sun cast shadows around my simple signs of harvest, I felt cozy, grateful, and at home.


This season, surround yourself with beauty that will make your heart swell and sing,

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; 
His love endures forever.

Psalm 107:1



Joining the fun with Marty at AStroll Through Life at her party featuring cloches, hurricanes, and apothecary jars dressed for fall.






""/>



3 comments:

  1. Your fall decor is lovely. I love your hurricanes filled with the nuts and the fruit is so pretty to surround them. Your pilgrim statue is stunning and what a lovely reminder of the season. Everything looks amazing. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wordy candle and your WoNdErFuL autumn finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vignettes are lovely and perfect for this time of year. I especially like the nuts used as filler around the candle. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete