Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pumpkin Chip Muffins

I've had a lot of requests for the recipe for these yummy muffins, and finally had a moment to sit down and post it!


We have been making these muffins since I was in high school...my mom's friend Pat came across this recipe somewhere when a group of ladies were hosting a Christmas workshop for women at our church.  We tried them and instantly fell in muffin-love!  They are by no means low-fat, but they are by all means delicious and make a big batch.  The recipe makes 24-30 muffins.  I doubled it the last time I made them and I wouldn't necessarily recommend doing that - the batter was huge, way too much for my Kitchen-Aid, so I had to tame it in the biggest batter bowl I have!


They still turned out amazing, but stick with making one batch at a time, it will make your life easier!


Pumpkin Chip Muffins

Heat oven to 375.

Mix 4 eggs, 2 cups sugar, 1 and 1/2 cups oil, and 1 can pumpkin (15oz) until smooth.

Combine 3 cups flour, 2 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1 tsp salt.  Add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.

Fold in 2 cups chocolate chips.

Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 16-20 minutes.

(I bake mine for 14-16 at 370 because my oven is hot, and also add a little extra cinnamon.)


These could be nicknamed The Magical Disappearing Pumpkin Muffins around here because when I make them, they seem to vanish quickly right in front of my eyes!   As always, I make some for our family to eat, some to share, and some to give away.


As you prepare for the holidays, know these would be great to have around on Thanksgiving or Christmas morning.  Hope you have a chance to make a batch soon!  If you do, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment