Thursday, July 8, 2010

I Found A Treasure...

If any of you know me, or have read my old post "Confessions of a Clearance Rack Queen..."
http://coffeechaosandcontentment.blogspot.com/2009/10/for-those-of-you-who-did-not-know-i-am.html
...you know I have always lived on a budget and love to find a good deal!


The other day I didn't just find a good deal, I found a treasure at Ross, one of my favorite budget-friendly stores.  


I love to collect and use pretty serving dishes to serve up home-cooked meals, and found one with Jeremiah 17:7 inscribed on it. "Blessed are those who trust in the Lord, and have made the Lord their hope and confidence."  The dish was all of $4.99, and now every time I use it I can be reminded of an important truth...my trust, hope, and confidence are found in the Lord alone.  So no matter what storms of life surround me, I can rest sweetly contented in the shelter of that truth.  




And to think that God, who knows His daughter so well, would send me this reminder through a good deal and a serving dish, two of my very favorite things...well that is a treasure in and of itself.



No comments:

Post a Comment