Wednesday, October 13, 2010

One of the Best Deals of My Life!

So, you all know my affection for good deals, and how my whole life has involved creativity and living on a budget.  It's been necessary, but it's also been a fun challenge.  I like clothes (a lot) and have a pretty packed closet thanks to four things:

1) I choose a lot of classics that I wear foreverrrr.  I still have several things from college that I wear, and lots from the early 2000's.

2) I'm not wrapped up in name brands.  I will shop anywhere.

3) I get a few nicer, higher priced items a year as gifts for Christmas or my birthday that hold up well and last a long time.

4) The majority of what I buy is off of clearance racks and prices range from $3 to $15.

When it comes to clothes (and many things actually) I am a "variety is the spice of life" kind of girl. Because of these four factors and creative mixing and matching of clothing pieces and accessories, I get to enjoy my little clothes hobby.  I could take you through my closet and show you item after item that I got for under $10.00.  But the other day I got one of the best deals of my life, and I have got to share it with you!

I was celebrating my friend Liz's birthday - she wanted to go to her favorite wing place, and then to some outlets.  Sounded perfect to me! We had a ball!  While in the Coldwater Creek outlet, I saw a rack of belted of shirtdresses with a sign for $5.99, then another sign for an additional 40% off.  Sure enough, when my dress and belt rang up, the grand total for both was (are you ready for this)...


$3.58.



Liz and I were cracking up at the register, and I had that happy rush that I get from deal finding!  Liz  actually found two dresses for $2.99 apiece, and we both found gorgeous leather belts that were originally around $40 for $1.99.  Then at a shoe outlet, we both found adorable plaid fall flats for $7.00. They are actually perfect for this little dress!


A dress, belt, and shoes for around $10.00, topped off with the best buffalo wings I've ever had and fun with friends. Such a great day! 

Happy Birthday to Liz and Happy Deal Finding to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment