Tuesday, October 26, 2010

He. Cares. For. You.

The chapter I dove into a few mornings ago during my Bible study was titled "Putting It In God's Hands."

Wow.  That title alone speaks volumes, doesn't it?!  The first verse, which was actually printed underneath the title, was I Peter 5:7.  I was so excited to tell Trevor, who was sitting on the floor next to me, because that was his memory verse in Sunday School a few weeks ago and when he learned it he was so excited to share it with me, his teacher, and anyone else who would listen to him!  His was a simplified version of the verse, stating the last four words..."He cares for you."

When he in his three year old voice recites this verse he pauses after each word, almost as if there is a period after each one...he says, emphatically, "He. Cares. For. You.  I Peter 5:7!!!"  Then he usually breaks out in a huge grin!

I wonder what it would do for our sometimes troubled and worried hearts if we would look in the mirror each morning and say, in Trevor style, four scriptural words to ourselves....

"He. Cares. For. You."


Because gratefully, He does.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I thought I could read all these posts without leaving a comment on every single one....but this is so beautiful! To place a period between each word to make it more powerful is....well, it's powerful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete