Thursday, August 5, 2010

Broken Things

Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed."

A verse that has been dear to me lately...

God has been allowing a measure of brokenness in my life recently.  It has been an interesting process.  I've had to accept that people aren't always kind, fair, or good.  But on the other hand, I've been reminded that God is always kind, fair, good, and that my dependence has to be fully on Him.  There's been some pain involved in this process as my heart has been broken, but there has also been some joy and peace as I've drawn ever closer to my Savior and Creator.

Isaiah 61 says that God can turn ashes into beauty; mourning into gladness; despair into praise.

The other day I took my kids to the craft store to get some more art supplies to keep busy - we are inside a lot lately because of this brutal heat.  While there, I picked up a container of mosaic tiles.  I have never made a mosaic before, and am not planning to do so just yet.  Perhaps one day I'll give it a try.  For now I put those tiles in a glass bowl and set them out on a table in my living room so that every time I see them I will be reminded of an important truth...


My Creator has the ability to take broken things and turn them into something beautiful.




Lord, may I continue to trust You with my broken heart, knowing You are close to me now.  May my life be a beautiful mosaic of Your design.  Amen.

1 comment: