Monday, September 23, 2013

Quick And Easy, Sweet and Salty Fall Treats!


Now that it's officially autumn, I had to take a few minutes to share with you a super easy fall treat I made the other day.  I know there are quite a few versions of these salty/sweet combinations out there, but for this seasonal version you need a bag of pretzel snaps, a bag of Hershey's Kisses, and some good, old-fashioned candy corn!

Heat your oven to 170 (this was the lowest setting on my oven).  Arrange the pretzel snaps on a baking sheet and place a Hershey's Kiss on top of each pretzel.  Bake in oven for 5 to 7 minutes, until the kiss is nice and soft.

Take out of oven and press a piece of candy corn onto each chocolate kiss.

Let cool on plate then enjoy!  


The day I made these I also baked my favorite pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, and with some loaf tins and fabric scraps made a bunch of treat baskets to deliver to friends and teachers.  There is something special about receiving a homemade gift, and it's also so much fun to give a homemade treat!  My kids were excited to help hand these out!



Autumn blessings to you and yours!  Soak up the celebration of this beautiful season!

5 comments:

  1. And it was all so wonderful, and made my day!!! You are such a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious of you! I love your gift basket idea using bread pans! The goodies sound delicious, too:) I may have to try the sweet and salty fall candies.
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! We are moving on Thursday and what a fun gift to give to all our new neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am making those sweet and salty treats tomorrow to take to my Book Club. Pumpkin and chocolate are one of my favorite together. I am going to do something like that tool You gave me some good ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I DID make the sweet and salty treats. They were sinful. Also, made pumpkin muffins and gave them to my Book Club sisters for an "I love you" surprise. Thanks for inspiring me.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete