Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Don't Let The Lights Go Down

Have you ever had a moment when God was so sweet to speak to you clearly about something just when you needed to hear His voice on the matter?

That happened to me this morning.

I've been doing a new Bible study and when I opened it up, the first passage it brought me to was Matthew 5:14-16.

You are the light of the world.  A city that is 
set on a hill cannot be hidden.  

Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.  

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father in Heaven.

It was a word from God that I needed to hear, and He knew it.  I sat there in awe of how well my Savior knows me.  How intimately acquainted He is with the details of my life and the issues of my heart.

You see, my heart longs to shine for Jesus

But I have realized something along the way.

Darkness always wants to extinguish light.

And this world has more than its share of darkness.

And there will always be something or someone who doesn't want us to shine our light.

But our Creator, the Lover of our soul, the Redeemer of our life wants us to shine brightly for His glory!!  He doesn't want us to hide our light.  He wants us to be a city on a hill, a light that points others to the Light that can change their life!

In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.

John 1:4



...Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone while he talked with Him.

Exodus 34:29


You see, when you've experienced a glimpse of God's glory, it cannot help but radiate!  So don't give in to the darkness that threatens to overtake you.  Don't give up when the darkness feels big and you feel small.  Shine on.  In the midst of darkness, shine as brightly as you can!  You are going to have to be brave.  You are going to have to find your courage.  But when you do, Christ will cut through the darkness and shine through you!

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

John 1:5


God blessed my heart this morning through His Word.  And He blessed my heart last week when I heard this song for the first time.

Don’t let the lights go down
Don’t let the fire burn out
Cause somewhere, somebody 
Needs a reason to believe.

Why don’t you rise up now?
Don’t be afraid to stand out
That’s how the lost get found.

Britt Nicole

Don't let the lights go down!

I know it's a dark world out there.

Let's find our courage.

Hold out our candles.

And let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the reminder we all need to hear!

    ReplyDelete