Thursday, June 7, 2012

Where I've Been (And The Graduation Of A Hero)


I know I haven't been nearly as present on this blog as I would have liked to lately, and I have the best of intentions to have a cup of coffee with you and catch up!  

Just like the past couple months, the past few weeks have simply been undeniably busy.  Whether helping Jimmy out with senior events for the high school, going to graduations, awards ceremonies, and school programs, cleaning the house for company, stimulating the economy by going back to the grocery store yet again, making and buying presents, finally putting away the Easter decorations (better June than July, right?), volunteering at the school, or other miscellaneous duties as assigned, this home stretch of the school year has been nothing short of an aerobics routine!

In the middle of the craziness, I had some fun putting together teacher treats for the one who loves cupcakes, and the ones who put in a request for more homemade chocolate chip cookies...




I owe a debt of gratitude to their teachers.  Last summer, I prayed intently that God would place Madi and Trev with just the right teachers for them.  He went above and beyond in answering that prayer of a mother's heart.  It has been an amazing year!  Not only have my children been taught and loved well, I feel we have gained new friends.  What a gift.


I also watched a piece of my heart walk down an aisle of the library in cap and gown to receive his Pre-K diploma.  His little moment was absolutely in perfect Trevor style.


We got to hear what each graduate told their teachers they want to be when they grow up.  Apparently Trevor's latest goal is to be an actor in an Indiana Jones stunt show.  That's my boy.  A little hero and adventurer who gives us an action-packed life.


Next stop - Kindergarten! 

But not until after summertime with Momma.  

Yes, I'm thankful my little hero will be home with me for a couple months before I send him off for his next big adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment