Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Place To Hang My Aprons

I love to cook and bake, and I love wearing cute aprons while doing so. 


Some of my aprons reflect things I love...



























Some just make me feel good...













Others are flirty and fun...













And some are sassy and make me smile...













The other day, my mom bought me an early birthday present that she knew I would be crazy about, and she was right.  She gave me a place to hang my aprons, complete with a little magnetic chalkboard for each day of the week.  The black and off-white colors matched my kitchen beautifully, and it filled an empty wall perfectly.  I love that my mom knows me so well.  I love that she modeled for me the way a woman can be the keeper of her home in a way that makes it a safe, warm, happy place to be.  I love how she daily put love into the details and inspired me to do the same.


As a stay at home wife and mom, I spend a lot of time in my kitchen.  Most days I prepare three meals plus snacks for my family.  Since it is the heart of our home, I enjoy making it a space I love.  It is probably my favorite spot in our house. It is often messy and busy, but filled with lots of warmth, activity, and love.  As I give the gift of homemade meals and happy memories to my husband and children, I am thankful that I have been given the gift of a family to serve and a special place to hang my aprons.

 

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Perfect place to hang aprons :) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete