1) Treated myself to new pens. When my husband came home from work and saw the huge pack he teasingly made the comment that if anyone needed some Paper Mates, we had some. To which I surprised myself by responding immediately (and a little defensively), "Those are mine." But I mean, really, you don't mess with a girl's
colored pens! :)
2) Speaking of my husband, he is incredibly creative and resourceful and has been sprucing up the building where our youth group meets. He imitated an idea he saw online for these awesome panels and they look amazing. Even more amazing is that they are simply hand built, hand painted frames strung with yarn then illuminated! He makes me proud.
3) Baked a cake for my grandma for her 87th birthday. She has been in and out of the hospital these days and not doing so well. But she requested chocolate cake with white frosting and she used to make the same for me when I was younger, so I'm glad I was able to do this small thing for her. (And I have to say, it was delicious!)
4) Some days call for a big ol' pair of earrings.
5) And others (like this breezy one spent outside) call for hats and little boots.
Linking up with Lauren at High Five For Friday