Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Cinnamon Glazed Pecans

I am a huge fan of nuts, pecans being one of my favorite varieties.  When we were driving home from our recent trip to Maryland, we stopped in North Carolina and were able to meet up with an older couple very dear to our hearts.  We had the best time catching up over lunch at Cracker Barrel, and I had the good fortune of being sent home with two bags of pecans they had shelled themselves!  

I've been snacking on them, and the other night I had a hankering for cinnamon glazed pecans, one of my very favorite treats to get when visiting Disney's Animal Kingdom.  I looked up some recipes and ended up using this one.  No joke, they tasted exactly like the ones I get at Animal Kingdom!  Not to mention the house smelled amazing.


Cinnamon Glazed Pecans

Preheat oven to 350.  

Melt 1 stick of butter and pour on aluminum foil lined baking sheet.

In large bowl mix 3 egg whites, 1 cup sugar, and 1 tsp cinnamon.

Add 4 cups pecans and toss until full coated.

Spread pecans on baking sheet.

Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.

Enjoy!  They taste unbelievable when warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment