Saturday, October 10, 2009

Birthday Brunch!





This morning we finally got to celebrate my parents' birthdays as a family! I felt so badly that we had not gotten a chance to do this already, but my parents were out of town on my dad's birthday and then various other trips, activities, sicknesses, etc. delayed us from celebrating until this morning. I had fun preparing the food and setting my table. On the menu: Farmer's Breakfast Casserole from a Gooseberry Patch cookbook, scrambled eggs, apple-cinnamon muffins, Snickerdoodle bread and spread from Williams Sonoma, cinnamon rolls, orange juice, chai tea, and coffee. The sweet and savory mix was perfect for an October celebration! I set my table with many disposable things for easy cleanup, but everything was done on a budget. The scrapbook paper that helped stage my centerpiece and give me a theme idea was from the dollar bin at Target, as was my red plastic tablecloth. The plates and napkins were on clearance for under a dollar at Target as well! The green and red apple scrapbook paper gave me the idea to put a red apple one everyone's plate, and use Granny Smith apples in a trifle bowl for a simple, natural centerpiece. I purchased zinnias for 99 cents each in the garden section at Target, and put them in buckets that my mom and I had found in the Target dollar bin months ago. As you can see, I am a huge Target fan and also a fan of making creative, lovely things on a budget! The table was inviting, the food was yummy, and celebrating two of the people I hold most dear with my family was a wonderful start to our Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment