Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ramblings Of An Office Supply Geek

So, I'm wondering... is there anyone out there who can get excited with me about these?


Bought myself a fresh pack of "Bible Study Pens" today.  My favorite kind.  So happy!

I've always had a thing for office supplies.  When I was a kid, my mom would let me wander the office supply aisle at Giant while she did the grocery shopping.  In my memory, that aisle is huge.  I was mesmerized by the post-it notes, paper clips, highlighters, and legal pads.  At one time I had both lavender and aqua loose leaf paper.  It was beautiful.  I had one of those huge pens with, like, ten colors of ink where you would push down the little lever for the color you wanted.  I collected as many church and business notepads and pens that I could get my little hands on.  I dreamed of having a receipt book.  I had a special fondness for eraser caps.  Okay, I still do.  And don't even get me started on these...



(google images)


(google images)


Seriously, my heart just sped up looking at those photos!  I don't know how many times I drooled over these wonders in the aisle at Giant.  I finally got an off brand "Trapper Keeper" with a rainbow and unicorn on the cover at Dart Drug.  Had the legit teal green and purple Trapper Portfolio folders though.  Aqua and red ones too.  I honestly felt like my life was complete when I first brought that loaded notebook to school!  Oh, the memories of yesterday.  I wish I still had that thing.

But I do have my happy little pens.  


And tomorrow they will be waiting for me, full of ink and color and promise, all wrapped up with a perfect gripper.

No comments:

Post a Comment